We are very proud to present the Smithtown 2027 Strategic Plan to the school community. For the past 20 months, two Stakeholder Planning Teams consisting of students, parents, community members, and District staff have worked to identify the goals that will guide the district for the next five years. The initiative began with the development and administration of a survey to gather the thoughts and opinions of the entire Smithtown school community. We were very pleased and thankful that well over 4,000 people took the time to complete the survey. The results of these surveys served as the baseline for developing the strategic plan and the district’s revised mission, vision, beliefs, and goals moving forward.
The five strategic goals guiding us into the future are:
- Academic Achievement and Growth for Each Student: Our students are provided high-quality instruction and support to ensure the academic growth of each student and prepare them to succeed in their chosen path beyond high school.
- Student Belonging and Well-being: Our students are provided a safe and supportive environment and demonstrate skills and attributes to cope with life challenges and achieve personal well-being.
- Positive Working Environment and Staff Engagement: Our staff feel valued, are fully invested in students’ success, and feel that they receive the support they need to be highly effective employees.
- Stakeholder Involvement and Community Collaboration: Our families and community members are valued and collaborative partners in promoting student success.
- District and School Effectiveness and Efficiency: Our resources are maximized to achieve our strategic goals and provide efficient and cost-effective operations, systems, and services.
More information on strategies and actions to achieve these goals, as well as how we will measure success, can be found in the full strategic plan.
Smithtown 2027 Strategic Plan