Only registered voters can participate in the budget vote & election on Tuesday, May 16, 2023. If you are a resident of this district and are registered to vote with the Suffolk County Board of Elections, then you are automatically qualified to participate in the budget vote & election. If you have not voted in any political or school district vote within the past four years, or are a new resident and have not registered to vote either with the school district or the Board of Elections, you need to register in advance to be able to vote in the school budget vote and election.
New York State Voter Registration Form
This form entitles you to vote in all elections. It must be returned by mail or in person to the Suffolk County Board of Elections. More information on the New York State Voter Registration process can be found HERE.
School District Voter Registration Form
This form entitles you to vote in school district elections only. It must be returned in person to the District Clerk at the District Central Office located at 26 New York Ave., Smithtown between the hours of 9:00am-3:00pm Monday through Friday. The last day to register to vote in the 2023 Budget Vote and Election is May 9, 2023.
Military voters who are qualified voters of the school district may submit an application for a military ballot. Military voters may designate a preference to receive a military voter registration, military ballot application or military ballot by mail, fascimile transmission or electronic mail in their request for such registration, ballot application or ballot. Military ballot application forms must be received in the office of the district clerk no later than 5:00pm on April 20, 2023.
No military ballot will be canvassed unless it is:
- received in the office of the district clerk before the close of the polls on election day and showing a cancellation mark of the United States Postal Service or a foreign country's postal service, or showing a dated endorsement of receipt by another agency of the United States goverment; or
- received by the office of the district clerk by no later than 5:00pm on election day and signed and dated by the military voter and one witness thereto, with a date which is associated to be not later than the day before the election.
Information regarding Absentee Ballots
- Applications for absentee ballots must be submitted at least seven (7) days prior to the vote if the ballot is to be mailed (May 9, 2023) or up to one (1) day before (May 15, 2023) if a voter picks up the ballot.
- Completed ballots must be returned by 5:00pm on May 16, 2023.
- Applications may not be submitted more than 30 days before the election (not before April 17, 2023).
- Maill applications to the Smithtown Central School District, Attn: District Clerk, 26 New York Ave., Smithtown, NY 11787.
- Ballots will be distributed as noted on your applciation once they are available.
Absentee ballot applications may be found here:
Where Do I Vote?
Voters are assigned a Polling Place according to their address.
To find out where you vote use the Polling Place finder here:
Poll Place Finder
(Please note, the Polling Place for School Budget Vote and Elections may be different from where you vote for local and general elections.)