School District Boundaries - Click Here
Kindergarten registration will be conducted at the Joseph M. Barton Building, 26 New York Avenue, Smithtown, NY 11787. It will be held Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
Please note that the registration schedule is organized by the school your child would attend in the fall. If you are not sure which school you will be attending, please click here for an online map of the school district. It is not necessary to bring your child to registration.
The 2019-2020 Kindergarten Registration and school letters are follows:
January 7, 8: Accompsett Elementary School
January 9, 10: Dogwood Elementary School
January 11, 14: Mills Pond Elementary School
January 15, 16: Mount Pleasant Elementary School
January 17, 18: St. James Elementary School
January 22, 23: Smithtown Elementary School
January 24, 25: Tackan Elementary School
We would appreciate if parents would make every effort to register their children according to the schedule above. It has been developed to facilitate the entire registration process.
Kindergarten Registration Checklist
Kindergarten Registration Packet
Link to full immunization document may be found here.
4. Proof of Residency.
Ways you can show residency:
• Lease or deed
• Affidavit from the person you pay rent to, saying you live there
• Affidavit from a third party saying you live there
• A letter from the person you pay rent to saying you live there
• A letter from another person saying you live at your address
If you don't have any of the above, you may use the following:
• Pay stub showing your address
• Income tax form that shows your address
• Utility bill or other bill in your name
• Membership documents based on residency, such as a local library card
• Voter registration card
• Driver's license, or permit, or non-driver ID
• State or other government issued ID
• Documents from government agencies such as a social service agency or the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement
• Custody or guardianship papers
5. Proof of custody or guardianship
an affidavit (Parent or Guardian) saying that you have "total and permanent custody and control" over the child
other proof such as documentation that the child has been placed with a sponsor by a federal agency
Guide to Understanding the New Rules for School Registration
Guía para Comprender las Reglas Nuevas para el Registro de la Escuela